LED light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugarte1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Trying to upgrade my light currently have a current orbit marine led light want to add on another led that will support all types of coral and my green BTA. Need a light that fits on a 29 gallon tank can't hang on the ceiling. Needs to fit on tank. Any suggestions?

jbj unibody comes with a gooseneck that will fit rimless and most rimmed tanks.
kissil + their gooseneck accessory.

jbj unibody comes with a gooseneck that will fit rimless and most rimmed tanks.
kissil + their gooseneck accessory.

I was looking at kissil it's to expensive. The orbit marine I have ran me for about $300. Not trying to spend that much on my second light. Any other suggestions ?

+1 this will give you the most most light and for a good price. You wouldn't need your other lights either. Building a rack wouldn't be hard

Yea I'm not that very good at building things. Trying to fine something with a goose neck or something that will got the top like the orbit marine.

or you can DIY a rack where you can hang a Taotronics LED

like dragon said

something like this

img_2794862_0_dd1e0aee471cbaec2eb23bb5f1d74f2c.jpg

Is this light ok for any coral ? If so how would I know if I set it to high ? Don't want to kill my live stock.

You just have to start low and slowly raise the intensity. That light looks fine to me, its essentially the same thing as the taotronics that were mentioned earlier but with a different label. They're all Chinese fixtures.

Edit: you can use a PAR meter if you have one. But I just do what I said above. Work your way up to where everything is happy and growing well and nothing is bleaching.
Bleaching = too much light
Browning = not enough light

Last edited:
The only other potential problem I could see with putting it on the glass is whether or not the light will spread out to the edges (left/right). I just purchased one of these (blue and whites only) and, as with most lights, the higher they are, the more area they will cover.

Back
Top Bottom