LED light adding red color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
So I have a question which may be able to solve some problems if The answer is right!

With LED light bars at present, the majority seem to be needing some additional red for growth and better color, I know there is a good light coming out soon.

BUT, can't you just paint them yourself with Stain glass or transparent paint, from the hobby store? Stained Glass Paint 12 Colors ~$10-13. online and at craft hobby store, description says it will paint glass and acrylic? Especially with the ones that have a little bulb cover on them. I don't have any experience, just curiosity about it.

I am probably getting a couple used LED aquarium light bars and will likely try this out, I have a 12 Edge tank with LEDs recently got this haven't got comfortable enough knowing what it will do yet to start changing it yet. I am a lighting noob. :lol:

Any thoughts, ideas... do you think it could work?

here are some kinds of paint...

Delta Glass Paint - BLICK art materials

PEBEO Vitrail Stained Glass Paint from Daniel Smith Art Supplies

Stained Glass Paint 12 colors tubes set / 7.5ml Glass by gyshop

I have been thinking about this for a few months, then recently saw the new fixture which comes with added red LEDS, very cool and I would like one btw!!!

Red LEDs are not necessary for healthy plant growth. If you get LEDs that have the proper color temperature, there will be some red in the spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom