Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1972 View Post
Lol... I was responding to the post above yours... I do have an all glass top.... But really couldn't find what I had envisioned it would look like... I tried the website that was suggested...can I ask where your led came from?
I have two Marineland fixtures. A single bright and a double bright. The double is better on live plants but still only considered medium light

Old 05-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Not sure if you were responding to my post or not. If you go to www.ecoexotic.com you can check out the lighting there or they sell stunner strips on amazon.com and at other pet store websites so they aren't hard to get. They have variety of colors and I use 3 on my tank. 8000k white led, 12k white/445nm blue, & 12k white/magenta. Each stunner for me costs $80. But I also needed 36inch stunners so it depends how long your tank is. I'm pretty sure they go up to 48 inches.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1972 View Post
Lol... I was responding to the post above yours... I do have an all glass top.... But really couldn't find what I had envisioned it would look like... I tried the website that was suggested...can I ask where your led came from?
Not sure if you were responding to my post. If you go to www.ecoxotic.com you can find stunner strips there that come in a variety of colors. I have 3 36 inch stunners and each costs $80. They come in sizes up to 48inches. I use 8000k white, 12k white/445nm blue & 12k white/magenta. You can hang them from the ceiling or install them under a hood. You can also get them on amazon.com or other pet store websites.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

I was looking at the stunner strips.... Do I take florescent bulbs out of hood and use the strips there? Was trying to figure out how they are used... Would be great if I can somehow use them with hood since I have an all oak set up.... Thanks
Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

You should be able to just take your old bulbs out and anything holding them in then drill in the stunner strips. They make a hood for the strips but not sure if it would go well with your tank.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

That's great.... Really appreciate the info...thanks again!!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

You can get fancy with the strips and hook em up to a controller to replicate sunrise, sunset, moon cycles even cloud cover or thunderstorms.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinadno View Post
You should be able to just take your old bulbs out and anything holding them in then drill in the stunner strips. They make a hood for the strips but not sure if it would go well with your tank.
I'm going to check them out as well. Hopefully can gelt them in Canada for that price. Thanks

Tags
led, led lighting, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com