LED Lighting and algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbieg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I have a 55 gallon fw tank, and I've been looking into replacing my compact flourescent fixture with LED lighting.

My son brought the tank home many years ago, and I replaced the standard flourescent fixture almost immediately with a Current USA Orbit 4 x 65.
The fish looked better, but I've been fighting bba ever since.

There must have been advancements in the last decade. I simply want my fish to look like they do during the 15 minutes a day that the sun hits the tank. I want to grow some low light plants, primarily anubias. I don't want to fool with co2 or flourish excel or algae eaters like snails, shrimp, saes, etc.

Any recommendations, or am I still asking too much?
Thanks a bunch,
Debbie

The anubias I have in my tank grows pretty easily and I don't use ferts or CO2. I have the marineland double bright LEDsystem and I like it. However it is a bit pricey.

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I'll look for that system.
No algae problems?? That's my biggest concern.
I've got my current light set to come on only four hours a day right now, and I've spent a fortune on replacement bulbs and other items to fight the algae.
Should have gone with co2 years ago, but now I just want an entirely different type of light.

No algae problems at all! Yeah replacement bulbs are way too expensive for my liking. I was much happier with the up front cost and now I don't have to worry about the expense of replacing anything

Back
Top Bottom