Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

I got mine on a group buy from another forum. The shipment is due in on Thursday or Friday. I was hoping to have them for this weekend but with another 12"+ of snow expected over the next 36 hours that now looks doubtfull.

There are several new units. The BT EX is similar to the original unit with total control via software (blue tooth), and there are two new models the Phobos and Deimos LED + T5 hybrid light fixtures.

From PacSun:
The BT-EX models will have upgraded components like a built in computer that you can use to control the LED light and if you like you can also control the interface via bluetooth. In addition to the upgraded computer control the BT-EX model includes an upgrade power supply unit that is waterproof and external which allows you to hide the power supply where you see fit. The BT-EX also gets upgraded fans that will automatically turn on when the system is generating to much heat for the fixture to handle. There are 4 different LED types being used: “420nm, 450nm, white 14.000K and additional, real UVA(non purple!) LED chips for stronger corals pigmentation.”
These are said to produce 551 PAR at only 12″ depth.
New series features:
Each lamp series BT-EX has a special built-in dedicated computer(Ligth Area Computer) can support advanced light.Lamp is programmed wirelessly using a special application(via BlueTooth interface). This model have external, waterproof power supply with safe, 24V DC output.

In our newest model we used 2pcs 120mm fans(17db) with double bearings. Their speed is auto controlled by build in temperature sensor – so in some situations they can be turned off – a specially when lamp dont need active cooling(night mode with moonlight, sunrise/sunset period etc).
This model have build on 4 kind of LED chips – 420nm, 450nm, white 14.000K and additional, real UVA(non purple!) LED chips for stronger corals pigmentation.
With our computer you can set:
- date/time
- setting turn on/off time, dimming time
- total brightness setting – for ex. for coral acclimation
- setting brightness for moonlight
- colour temperature changing – between 14.000K-25.000K
- Set the time sunrise and sunset times from 1minute up to…
- simulating the lunar illumination (28 days full period), Natural Sunlight Simulation, Overcast Days Simulation
- changing brightness during the ligth period – like on nature, where insolation depend of hour. For the whole cycle of lighting, you can define up to 40 individual points of which is set by the brightness of the lamp, This gives the opportunity to simulate the lighting just like in nature

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor1701d View Post
I got mine on a group buy from another forum. The shipment is due in on Thursday or Friday. I was hoping to have them for this weekend but with another 12"+ of snow expected over the next 36 hours that now looks doubtfull.
Wouldn't happen to be Manhatten Reef would it?

I thought the shipment wasn't expected until Monday of next week.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:36 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Yep the MR group buy. They were due in today or tomorrow (25/26) though the airports will probably be closed tomorrow. Oh, just re-read. Due to the scheduled 4 day Lufthansa pilots strike they chose to wait till till Monday to ship, so next it is.
We had a person from our Frankurt office here this week who ran into the strike issue. They settled the strike this past Monday (1 day in stead of 4).

Just anxious to get these in.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor1701d View Post
Just anxious to get these in.
You're not the only one... I still gotta drop another $869 for a slave unit... luckily they're going to hold one for me (out of this shipment) after I leave a deposit, so I won't have to wait another 2 months ...

Tags
led, led lighting, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com