Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Exclamation LED lighting - Please help!

Hello!

This is probably the most asked question...I'm getting desperate! I recently purchased an Orbit Marine PRO LED lighting system...I need to decide if I'm keeping it ASAP, so I can send it back...

My goal is to grow everything, LPS, SPS, etc in my 75 gallon

It's not as bright as I though it would be, and it's so darn slim that it doesn't cover the whole tank. There is a ton of shadowing and I would have to be super particular about where everything goes plus I'll be pretty limited by the space that is truly lit well. Do I just need to re-arrange my rock work?

If you think these lights will do fine let me know! Otherwise, could I please get some LED light recommendations for my 75 gallon that is under $600 and will accomplish what I'm looking for? I'm not rich, so the cheaper the better, but If I have to eat ramens for a couple months to get a good quality light I'll do it, lol!

I just want to be 100% happy with such an expensive purchase you know?

Thank a billion!

Here is my tank, and the shadows I'm talking about:

Old 11-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Lot of people really digging the cheap Chinese leds!
165W Marsaqua Dimmable LED Aquarium Grow Light Full Spectrum LPS SPS Coral Reef | eBay
They(people on this site) say 1 fixture for every 2' of tank can grow anything.

many say the orbit is crap and there are threads here saying they do work.
The guy I trust says they work.
He also told me to get two of the Chinese lights.
I did(still inbox).

^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #3

I just picked up 2 of the Chinese LEDs and Im super impressed. Just setting up my tank so nothing to report on as far as growing but Id be amazed if they don't do a good job. I might even pick up 2 more for my freshwater tank just for how well and bright they are
Old 11-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

be careful with these light slowly acclimate your corals to them , they can bleach coral fast. I love mine never go back to any other light
Old 11-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #5

I'm definitely sending the orbit back, but which of these three is best?

Oceanic Revive Arctic T-247B's
Arctic-T247-B 120W LED Aquarium Light (shipped from China)_Aquarium LED_OCEANREVIVE LED (but from Lazy)

VS

165w MarsAqua Dimmable LED
http://www.ebay.com/itm/165w-MarsAqu...c=1&rmvSB=true

VS

sBox Pro 32"
https://sbreeflights.com/sbox-reef-l...-32-timer.html
Old 11-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #6

I went ahead and ordered an sBox Pro 32" for $299. I've seen good things, it seems to have some superior qualities and it has a TWO year warranty! Hoping I like it and it works out!! I'll start a tank build post now, and post pics updates on this light for those who may be interested!
Old 11-18-2015, 01:47 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have the oceanrevive t247 on my 75 gal...and i love them and my corals really love them. .just started my reef tank may 2nd only lights i have used ..have 2 of them on 75 and great results

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2015, 01:37 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Get one of these and watch everything grow super fast. I have the xr15 on my 45 gallon and I can only have it at 60% output because it's too bright. Here is a pick of mine on 20% output ramping down for the night. You could even get away with one xr15 on your tank and save a little money. http://ecotechmarine.com/products/radion/radion-xr30w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I just ordered a light from buildmyled.com (the 30" XB Series 10000k: 10000K Planted - XB Series - Build My LED, LLC)

My local fish store recommended it to me, so I'm excited to try it out. The price seems reasonable for the quality.

I'm replacing my 6 x 24W T5 HO (AquaticLife) lights to hopefully save some energy costs and get a more full range of light at the bottom of the tank.

You should at least read the page about PAR levels and why they matter for LED lights. About PAR
Old 12-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdelaune View Post
I just ordered a light from buildmyled.com (the 30" XB Series 10000k: 10000K Planted - XB Series - Build My LED, LLC)

My local fish store recommended it to me, so I'm excited to try it out. The price seems reasonable for the quality.

I'm replacing my 6 x 24W T5 HO (AquaticLife) lights to hopefully save some energy costs and get a more full range of light at the bottom of the tank.

You should at least read the page about PAR levels and why they matter for LED lights. About PAR
Buildmyled makes really nice fixtures. I have their 14k xb over my 125 gallon and my lps love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
led, led lighting, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com