Led lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZdogpatch06

Aquarium Advice Freak
Simply put, what kind of corals can I have with this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1407102206282.jpg
    1407102206282.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 1407102229382.jpg
    1407102229382.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 57
Well the WPG rule doesn't apply to led lighting. I thought it was pretty strong. The price in the low either.

It's not total wattage, it's individual led wattage. That unit uses .25 watt LEDs, quality units use 3 watt LEDs. That light is a very expensive fowlr light, the color it gives off really dulls out coral too IMHO (was given the nano version of this light for Xmas last year, didn't last a week on my tank)

I agree with the above posters.....if you cannot possibly return it or get another fixture then you can keep soft corals with it. Like zooanthids and leathers and some mushrooms. All the beginner corals pretty much.

O see this light at my petco and always think how unfair it is to say its a reef light when its no where near what you would need for a full reef. And they are NOT cheap either...

Good luck!

Luckily I haven't bought it yet. Right on I've got 48 watts of t5ho on my 25 gallon tank, which I believe is too low.

Back
Top Bottom