LED Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hixsonjh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Are LED lights better than Power Compacts for a Reef System?

Depends on the led's. there is a HUGE selection of them out there but alot, and I mean alot arent a great deal.

Do you have any links for the led's youre looking at?

The fish store is going to order them for me. Said they are reef LEDS but are 300 so seems like a scam for 24 inch compatible ?

Depends on the watts per bulb, the spread, the workmanship and lots of other variables. I too am getting $300 quotes for led's that I have no proof that actually will be worth it. The big name brands are much more money but more people have used them.

Do you remember the brand or anything about them?

Agreed on the above. My lfs actually told me NOT to buy them, he said the bulbs arent good enough and that he is getting a TON of returns.

ill admit they work. they keep zoas shrooms and candy canes in a 45g tank but still for over 30 dollars and thats all it keeps noway. id rather drop 2x times as much for a whole setup of panoramas or get some par38s

ccCapt said:
My LFS sells these and I know a few ppl who bought them and are happy with them.
Blue Reef 120w LED System*::*LED Systems & Moonlights*::*Lighting*::*Aquarium Supplies*::*Something Fishy

I am waiting for a reply on a few questions I sent the sellers about these. They look to be the same unit.
Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Grow Light 120W | eBay

My main concern is they don't list what temperature the white LEDs are, and no nano meters for the blues. Unless I missed it. As this is very important to any serious reefer, why would they boast those specs?

My main concern is they don't list what temperature the white LEDs are, and no nano meters for the blues. Unless I missed it. As this is very important to any serious reefer, why would they boast those specs?
You missed it.....
Blue: 460-470nm, White: 12,000K-14,000K

Last edited:
I have just brought the Tmc aquaray very impressed even has a storm mode were it looks like lighting in my tank says it triggers breeding in certain fish

Clown boy said:
I have just brought the Tmc aquaray very impressed even has a storm mode were it looks like lighting in my tank says it triggers breeding in certain fish

Which model do you have?

Back
Top Bottom