Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Here is a multicolored one- 2013 Full Spectrum Dimmable 120W LED Aquarium Light Coral Reef Marine Fixture DF | eBay

Old 07-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

And here's a 30/25 blue white one-
New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light White US | eBay

Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Awesome. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Which one of the 2 links do you prefer? There is a $30 difference?

Not high jacking....need/want leds also for my 75g 48 inch.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like the blue and white ones. It's a matter of personal preference though. If you like the extra colors, then that's the one for you. Both will work fine.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Activist

mr x, whats the difference between these: 2 Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light White US | eBay and the lights you have posted on the first page of this thread..
Here is your link:
New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light Black US | eBay

Only thing i can see is, the ones i found are half the price and the color of the housing is white, everything else seems to be the same as the ones you listed..wattage, size, number of leds etc..

I just want to make sure i buy the right set of lights when im ready to get them..
Old 07-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Okies, my turn to hijack and ask a question or two.

I need to get a dimmable version of the tao led's, my non dimmable has melted many of my corals. :-(

It is going over a 24 x 24 rimless. I have the hardware already set up for the current tao and its about a foot off the water, the highest I could get it unfortunately.

I'd like the full spectrum ones but if the regular dimmable ones are the way you think I should go Mr. X I will go with what you suggest. I also want the fixture in black, the one you linked above for just blue/white comes in a white housing.

Thanks so much, sorry to interrupt the thread. lol I just won a half dozen corals and am officially outta room in the biocube so the 60g needs lights.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rickybobby- Just the color of the casing. The guy who's link I posted seemed to change the price for some odd reason. Do a little googling and you'll find you can purchase this fixture anywhere from $120.00 to $179.00, as you have found.

Carey- I also have mostly non-dimmable units over my tank and have found that after months of acclimation, most every coral has gotten used to the intense light. I noticed that anemones and some LPS need a much longer acclimation....perhaps many months is necessary.
Right now I have a LTA, green carpet, and 2 green BTA's in the back tank which are acclimating. I'm at 100% blue and about 60% white right now and they are doing fine.

Eventually, you will have your dimmable unit at full power, so I say, why spend the money on a dimmable unit when you can either raise it up a bit higher (temporarily) or perhaps cover some of the diodes with tape....

As for the colors v.s. blue and white models, I would suggest you look at both in person if possible and make your own decision about aesthetics. My main point about them is that you don't need the colors as far as I've seen. I have 1 species of montipora that has still had trouble coloring up under the straight blue and white units, but the other 10 montis are beautiful. Is this because of the colors? I don't think so.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks mr x. That's what I thought. The prices I have found are all over the place for the same exact lights. Ill take the white casings for a $100.00 less .lol. Best price so far that I have found for 2 lights is about 250. Which isn't too bad..I thinks it's time too buy at that price.. Thanks again x
Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

As usual, Thanks X!

I currently have a light diffusing piece of plastic over the 60g with the led's as I had to put a torch coral in the tank last night cause I was outta space in the cube. It hasnt opened up yet, hope he does ok

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com