LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tategrant

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to set up my 90 gallon saltwater tank soon. I want to set up a reef aquarium but the lights are ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know where to get some cheap but effective lights?

Nope, you would need at least 2 to cover the tank but also they would not support any corals. When looking at LEDs check that each diode is 3w each. This fixture has 1w LEDs. The taotronics dimmable LEDs are going to be the best lights and for the best price for your reef tank.

Nope, you would need at least 2 to cover the tank but also they would not support any corals. When looking at LEDs check that each diode is 3w each. This fixture has 1w LEDs. The taotronics dimmable LEDs are going to be the best lights and for the best price for your reef tank.

120w at least?

How do those square LED fixtures attach to the tank? Would that same units fit my 75?

I need to replace at least 2 of my 48 inch white lights and that is well on its way to the LED fixture

They come with hanging hardware. You can build a rack to hold them over the tank if you wish. This is where you get a little creative. Yes, 2 are perfect for a 75.

@Tategrant- You don't necessarily need 120 watts. It depends on the type of LEDs, the optics, and placement also. These are a suitable plug and play option. You can turn the potency up or down as needed, and to tweak the amount of white and blue.

My tank has a thing in the middle to hold both hoods so id need two? Defiantly?

It's not so much the center brace, it's the 4' length. One unit will not light the entire 4'. You definitely need 2.

Back
Top Bottom