LED Moonlight effect !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunilgeorge1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I needed some help on LED Moonlight effect for my 4 ft. 70 Gallon (US) fresh water tank. The tank has 10 fancy Goldfish, 7 Gold Apple snails and 5 Pink Zebra Danios.
1. Are they harmful for the fish that I have in the tank?
2. Have any of you tried these LED Moonlights ?
3. How long can we keep these LED lights on and do they accelerate algae growth ?
4. Also how many LEDs would I need for my 4 ft tank.

Thanks in advance.

The led lights will not harm your tank in any way. as they are low light bulbs, they will not cause algae growth and most people use them to accent the tank at night. You are going to use them to view your tank at night, so at most they would be on for an hour or so. as for how many, that is a personal decsion, i use 18 on a 3ft tank, you might only want to use 3 or 4.

I've got a reefkeeper lite with the moonlight module. There are four moonlights on my 90G. The cool part with the reefkeeper is that the moonlights will follow the lunar schedule and you'll see it go from really bright during a full moon to off.

I've got a reefkeeper lite with the moonlight module. There are four moonlights on my 90G. The cool part with the reefkeeper is that the moonlights will follow the lunar schedule and you'll see it go from really bright during a full moon to off.

Moon light module? That really sounds awesome

Check out the R2 extreme. They have 5 or 10 leds. You might need the ten. But they also have a module for $30. That controls the moon light as well. Light are $30 and module is $30. Marinedepot.com has them. Look for R2 moonlights.

Back
Top Bottom