LED or T5...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are those pics... Details in previous post...!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417168802.166951.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417168819.061870.jpg

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks about right! Curious on coverage..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They're 120 degree beam angle. They'll be pretty close to the top of the tank, but that still leaves the bottom 2' away.

JAX3000, the reviews are good for that fixture. I was considering purchasing that fixture for a 35 gallon hex tank, but went with Kessil A150WE because I liked their gooseneck mount. But I digress, the GroBeam appears to be one of the better LEDs and from what I have read...waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done!
I went in yesterday, armed with some Black Friday offers to price match to and ordered 3 of the ColourPlus tiles with a control unit.

I collect next Friday and can change my mind on which colour to choose before then.

I'm still undecided on whether to stick to the 3 ColourPlus or to take 1 of those and 2 natural daylight, or vice versa...! I know either will be good for plants and either will look "good" but different kinds of good and I can't choose...!

Right now I'm thinking ColourPlus all the way. Each 10 LED tile has 4 white LEDs anyway, so I'm still 40% white, but also 20% blue, 20% red and 20% green.

Once I'm in, I'm in. This has cost me over £600 (discounted) and they have a 5 year guarantee with expected minimum 50,000 hours life. So any advice on configuration between 3 units with option of natural daylight and the more blue / red option (although that is quite broad spectrum with some green) would be much appreciated...

Do they have any set-ups or photos in the shop? Can you drag one out of a box and switch them on maybe? Sounds good though.

They had set ups of equivalent or at least very similar systems in the shop and the colour one made the reds look incredible, but the white made the greens look greener... Again assuming they're both good for plants and strong enough, they can't be too strong as I can control the brightness through the control panel, so it's just aesthetics, and so down to my personal preference. I'm just not sure. I think it's either got to be all 3 ColourPlus or one in the middle with a natural daylight either side.

I sound like an indecisive idiot, but they're pricy and going to make an impact on how my whole set up looks for like 10 years...! ;)

Fair enough too!

I'm not sure on green light as have hardly any. I do find I get used to the light colour but find blues/whites look more 'natural' than reds. No idea why.

Back
Top Bottom