Led reef lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superdave07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have one Marineland Reef Capable LED Lighting System 24", should I add one more will it be ok for my fish I will add corals in a mouth or so. The light has 21 1W LED`s: 18 White, 3 Blue (1305 Lumens)

image-3082888399.jpg

What size tank are you using this for? I certainly wouldn't recommend getting another Marineland fixture. Most people who have them can't keep many, if any, corals alive for to long with them. It's a useful light for some things, though.

CorallineAlgae said:
What size tank are you using this for? I certainly wouldn't recommend getting another Marineland fixture. Most people who have them can't keep many, if any, corals alive for to long with them. It's a useful light for some things, though.

I have a 39 gallon I currently have one fixture and just got another so two will work and what corals will work?

I'd start out with easy ones, as I always try to do in every tank. Mushrooms, zoas and palys are the first corals I'd introduce. If they respond well during the first couple of months you could give a Kenya tree, xenia and toadstool leather a go.

Do you have your rockwork in place yet? How about a picture?!!

CorallineAlgae said:
I'd start out with easy ones, as I always try to do in every tank. Mushrooms, zoas and palys are the first corals I'd introduce. If they respond well during the first couple of months you could give a Kenya tree, xenia and toadstool leather a go.

Do you have your rockwork in place yet? How about a picture?!!

Ok yes I have about 40lb of live rock

image-2701415691.jpg

image-1591165132.jpg

Back
Top Bottom