Led unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allanhep

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone used the tri spec led I have a unit on my trigon 190 the 90cm-100cm which is larger than the specified unit for that aquarium my worry is I don't think I have enough light for my planted tank. I have a co2 pressurised system running at 2 bubbles per second and starting 2 hours before my light going off 1 hour before the lights my light is running 10 hours per day. I was thinking of getting a light unit for my t5 spare bulbs I have I have seen a deal on the hagen glo starter unit but not sure if this may be too much light any help would be great.

No pearling my aquarium is 190l 42g. Its a trigon 190 so its a deep tank so not sure what par is hitting the substrate. What bps would you recommend I have just bought a co2 drop checker but the solution did not come that was ment to be supplied

No pearling my aquarium is 190l 42g. Its a trigon 190 so its a deep tank so not sure what par is hitting the substrate. What bps would you recommend I have just bought a co2 drop checker but the solution did not come that was ment to be supplied

Aim for a 1.0 drop in pH. So measure pH just before the CO2 comes on, then measure throughout the day and see how low the pH drops. Slowly increase the amount you are using until you reach ~ 1.0 peak CO2 drop. 42 gallons you'll likely not be able to use bps as reference, they will be "bubbling" too fast to count.

I have a 30 gallon running roughly 2bps and I'm getting a 0.6 peak pH drop, so I'm in the process of ramping mine up.

So it's been over a month now my co2 has been running and I have been dosing EI ferts but not had much growth in my plants Im now wondering if it could be my Led lights that are not supporting plant growth my monte carlo has some new green coming threw but not getting much else from any of the plants. I have been considering wither to get a t5 starter unit and adding my t5 bulbs in to the mix also, first planted tank so new to this and its now stressing me outIMG_20180407_130652.jpgIMG_20180407_130656.jpg

I'm also wondering if the surface irritation is too much on the tank as a few of the plants sway side to side like crazy, I also seem to have a white haze that appears on the surface a day after water changes IMG_20180407_130708.jpgIMG_20180407_130712.jpg

Any help much appreciated

Did you check the ph drop? I’ve left mine for the moment but even with 2 CO2 outlets I’m not getting a large ph drop.

What is your fertilizer dosing regime? More light wouldn't hurt.... as long as you are at proper CO2 levels and ferts are plentiful.

Back
Top Bottom