LED vs T5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

conejo

Aquarium Advice Activist
So here is my question. I was thinking of buying China made 120w dimmable taotronic led lights but there is a person in CL selling an 8bulb t5 set up if I could get it down to $200 would that be better than the led?

So here is my question. I was thinking of buying China made 120w dimmable taotronic led lights but there is a person in CL selling an 8bulb t5 set up if I could get it down to $200 would that be better than the led?

No... Go LED all the way. Brighter, cooler, longer lasting, cheaper electric bill. You can support
anything under LED, you most likely can too under an 8 bulb, but LED are much better. Plus you won't have to replace $160 worth of bulbs once a year...

Well that was definitely a quick reply thank you all. Looks like I'll be going LED. EBay here I come

This is from a craigslist ad and was thinking it was a good deal what do you guys think? I know they are not Led

This 48" HO T5 fixture is near perfect and well kept. It works flawlessly. It has a built in digital timer for 3 settings. The 1st setting controls the first 2 bulbs. The 2nd setting controls the other 2 bulbs and the 3rd setting controls the moonlights. Done properly you can simulate dusk and dawn effects on you aquarium. It comes with adjustable legs to help avoid contact with moisture and fit variable sized tanks.

The fixture comes with 2 - 10,000k bulbs, 2 - actinic blue, 1 - 15,000k and 1 - actinic purple.

This fixture has no problems and works 100%. It has been well kept and is in like-new condition.

First $80 gets it...or...Will do partial trade for coral frags + cash.

The brand is not mentioned first of all. Secondly, if those lamps need replacing, which they probably do, it's going to cost you another 80-100 dollars. T5 lamps generally last about 9 months before they start shifting spectrum.

Okay then as far as LED should I get blue and white or go for the full spectrum.

Whichever you prefer. Both will do whatever you need them to as far as growing corals or nicely lighting a tank. Some prefer the look of the multi colors, while others prefer the blue and white units.

Just ordered the full spectrum only 30 more so why not

Where did you order them from I'm ordering two of them today the ones I was gonna order are $278 free shipping I will wait and see where you got yours. Thank you

Well I got them for 262 on eBay. The white and blue are 230. Hope that helps.

They are probably selling the T5 to buy LED lol lol...

Turns out this was exactly it. After I ordered mine he texted me and lowered the price. He also said he didn't need it because he just got Chinese LED

Back
Top Bottom