LED with a topless aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wells923

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im thinking of setting up my 55 gallon aquarium with an open top and an aqueon or Marineland LED.

This is my first time trying this. How far does my light need to be from the surface of the water of there is no glass barrier?

Is this a bad idea?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im thinking of setting up my 55 gallon aquarium with an open top and an aqueon or Marineland LED. This is my first time trying this. How far does my light need to be from the surface of the water of there is no glass barrier? Is this a bad idea? Sent from my GT-N7100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
are you going to go live plants?

I haven't planned on live plants.

Definetly not a bad idea, you will love the look. If your not planning on adding live plants then go ahead. There is no bad things to removing the too unless you have fish that jump and even then you can pick up eggcrate and fit to the top for a cleaner look. If you do plan in adding live plants this one will support very low light plants. If you wanna do further research I recommend the sat+ or planted+ for plants and even then, the look will blow the marineland away.

Will the proximity of the LED to the surface be a problem? Or are the lights generally designed to work with some moisture?

Ill consider your recommendations but things like this are difficult to c9me by in Saudi Arabia. Lots of cheap Chinese stuff though.

Will the proximity of the LED to the surface be a problem? Or are the lights generally designed to work with some moisture?

Ill consider your recommendations but things like this are difficult to c9me by in Saudi Arabia. Lots of cheap Chinese stuff though.

They are made to withstand moisture

Excellent. Thanks for your input. It'll be a couple more weeks until cycling is finished. I hope to display pictures then.

Finally assembled. 14 penguin tetras and 4 angelfish. Lots of drift wood.

Attachments

• 1394910352619.jpg
    1394910352619.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 131
I prefer tanks that are centrally located.

Dividing a table and a couch.

Attachments

• 1394910737128.jpg
    1394910737128.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 118
Thanks guys. This has been a pleasant project.

Back
Top Bottom