Led with t5s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishmike7979

Aquarium Advice Regular
How many of you run led’s with T5 supplement? The reason I am asking is because I had two Led fixtures sold to me by a local company Coral Compulsion and I never really have been happy from switching over. Its not they are bad I think they are great however I always felt like something was missing. So when I bought my new place and moved the tank over I found my old 4 bulb t5 fixture buried in some junk and ended up hanging it behind my leds. The bulbs are pretty old but I don’t think I used them for longer than 3 months, do you think should I replace them? Currently there are two ati blue plus’s and two AtI aquablue specials, should I get anything different like the ATI Purples? I ran them today for an hour with all four on and absolutely love the way it looks so far but I open to trying alternate bulbs. The next question I wanted to ask after I get the bulb colors settled was how long do you think the t5’s should be ran for? I have a controller so I can set them to turn on at different times throughout the day.

With T5HO bulbs, as they age they lose their spectrum. They should be changed out from 6 months to a year.
In terms of bulbs, ATI are some of the best on the market. When I ran them, I did a similar setup but used a Fiji Purple over the ATI purple.

Just to confirm they should be changed even though they were never used for that long? What would be the disadvantages to letting them run as is seeing that they are only a supplement to the LEDs?

I'm going to pick up a purple one but should I leave the others as is? Two blu plus and one aquablue special?

Back
Top Bottom