LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FDshoes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone here tried any of the the lighting systems from china? Sites like alibaba or something. A lot of them are supposedly programmable and dimmable using cree or other high qualitky LEDs. The prices are very reasonable I am wondering if anyone has seen them or tried them and if so thoughts.

well then its really up to you if you'd like to use them. if they are all the same parts then they will do the job of lighting up your system

I would have to spend a grand from rapid plus build it my self. Some of the ones from china are completly customizable to your liking and are cheaper then the diy kits from steves or rapid led.

I was just hoping someone has tried then to see how they really are instead of what the description says.

never tried them so i can't really help you, sorry bud.

i don't think i'd ever go with LEDs untill they come down big time in price, and T5s just give you the benifit of having a wicked color setup and a wicked glow to your corals

I have a reefkoi unit, made in china, but, the guy who sells them is here in the us. good for warranty work if needed. he helped me out when i had a proble m with my unit. it not dimmable but who cares. I have had the unit for two months now and the colors of my corals came out real nice.

Back
Top Bottom