Leds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any ideas on a coral capable LED fixture for my 14g tank. Don't want to fry my zoas, don't want to spend 300 bucks. I am not good with DIY.

Search led flood light on ebay. You just have to wire a plug onto it to g it in a wall. Get the 12000k and however many watts you want.

Have you considered a par38 bulb? They screw right into a regular lamp socket. I had two of them over my 20g and it looked pretty nice. :)

here is an example of what I'm talking about

Orphek PR-25 (12 LEDs) Dimmable LED Pendants

You can find cheaper options on eBay and ones that aren't dimmable are cheaper as well.
I was in the same boat when i first set up my 4g and then again with my 20g where i didn't wanna drop $300+ on a fixture. The single par38 over my 4g was a bit too much so two might work for you.

Good luck!

Look up

''120 watt aquarium LED''

on Ebay and you will find a lot of LED's that are between $100-$200 and I am using these kind of LED's now and my corals are doing well. I switched from 175 watt Metal halaides and Im glad i did.

There has been a long ongoing thread here called Cheap LED Solution or something with some reviews on ebay LED purchases. I think that some have had some success with corals.

Is there a measuring of wattage against gallon? Because I also found a 16w wave point (1wx16) bar. But no where does it state kelvin or par.

It would probably would work just fine. Its a Chinese light aqua traders sells the same one I just looked. I have the t5 version of the Chinese lights and they work fine. I dont know about the fixture personally id google it and see if anyone else had any luck.

Heres the one on aquatraders

LED Reef Bright Clamp On Quad

Can't find a single review on google. Lol

The brand is beamworks I just looked and it had ok reviews on the other LEDs they make but cant find this one specifically but its probably the same. They are probably a knock off of marineland LEds which are also made in china.

Wow, cool web page. They have an 18in 10x3w model. Or the 20x3w model. What would you suggest for a 14g aguapod? I want to be able to keep anything, coral wise.

Edit - the 6x3w may be right for the 14g. I just don't know haha

AquaticFuture said:
Look up

''120 watt aquarium LED''

on Ebay and you will find a lot of LED's that are between $100-$200 and I am using these kind of LED's now and my corals are doing well. I switched from 175 watt Metal halaides and Im glad i did.

I seen those 120w leds on ebay and was interested but kinda on the fence i currently have 2-250w halides on a 55 sps love it but im switching to a 150 deep do you think those leds would work on it? 150g 30" deep its that or 400w halides

Just realized you are in Henderson. Are you on LVVR?

Ive seen the site haven't joined yet though. As for the lights im not all that experienced in LEDS yet but im thinking the 3 watt 20 bulb would be the best fit. That would be 4.3 watts a gallon which is pretty dam good.

Back
Top Bottom