Leds and coral growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badfishofbabylon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been doing some reading on LEDs any want to know if anyone know if the ecoxotic LEDs are strong enough to promote coral growth

I have 3 aqua illuminations over my 60" 120. I have had T5HO and 2 250w MH over the system and these BY FAR give me the best growth and color

I'm thanking of doing two of these on a ninety but wanted a recommendation on how many I need and whether to go perpendicular or parralel

My lfs has an exotic led on a cube tank, maybe a 34 g or so. Their growth is amazing. They have clams and sps. Mostly softies but tank looks really great. They are a little pricey. What are you gonna put it on? There are cheaper options for leds. Mostly involve you building yourself. But its not as hard as you might think.

Yeah that's what I'm going to end up doing, I have order the drivers and the power supply. Its only going to be a small 5 led setup for my nano. I figured if I can build a little one in a few year I can build a bigger one.

Back
Top Bottom