LED's for a 20H, which ones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I hung my lights Sunday. I have them on 25% blue and white, and 7" above the water. How slow should I go with lowering the lights (to 6" to 6.5" mainly for looks) and raising the blue and white precent. I don't wanna burn/bleach anything. Right now everything looks fantastic and seems to be loving the new lights.

I'd go up 10 percent a week until you get them to the brightness you need/want.

BTW, it's come to my attention that the 120 degree optics are what I am using. They appear to be a little glass bubble under the plastic shield. Not traditional optics that appear to be a snap on lens.

BTW, it's come to my attention that the 120 degree optics are what I am using. They appear to be a little glass bubble under the plastic shield. Not traditional optics that appear to be a snap on lens.

Ooh alright, yeah I noticed that when I got mine. I'm pretty happy with the 120. The spread is full, but very minimal overflow.

Can a newbie jump in and ask a question? I'm also looking to order these lights for a 20 high. What are optics?
And OP, would you mind posting a pic of your setup?

Can a newbie jump in and ask a question? I'm also looking to order these lights for a 20 high. What are optics?
And OP, would you mind posting a pic of your setup?

Optics are lenses on the LED diodes. Like little tiny magnifying glasses. So far I absolutely love mine, and so do my corals

ForumRunner_20130711_113316.jpg

ForumRunner_20130711_113338.jpg

Not a beautiful hanger, but it does its job

Back
Top Bottom