LED's for a 20H, which ones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i've slowly been acquiring more and more LED tanks. Now the only T5HO lights I have are on my 20H. And as the pattern repeats, at about 6-7 months on the bulbs I start getting cyano. Spend $80 on new bulbs and my problem ceases. Well im pretty sure I can light my tank with LED's for not too much more..

I have Zoas, Palys, Candy Cane, Monti Cap, Torch, Leathers.

Now I know a guy that builds LED fixtures, and he made one for a 40B for $125. So his prices are definitely good, I just dont know enough about LED's to know what i'm getting is exactly what I need.

So what would y'all buy if you were me and looking for LED's?

Thanks,
Cole

That fixture would work great. I have 2 of them over my 75 gal and they are awesome!

Checkout reefbredders value fixture 2 year American warranty can email Logan to ask questions and concerns. Great fixtures have 3 I run them 60-40 clams and sps are thriving.one would be fine.

Checkout reefbredders value fixture 2 year American warranty can email Logan to ask questions and concerns. Great fixtures have 3 I run them 60-40 clams and sps are thriving.one would be fine.

yeah it looks like they're exactly the same but reefbreeders is "American"

How long have you had the fixtures?

yeah it looks like they're exactly the same but reefbreeders is "American"

How long have you had the fixtures?

About three months. Check out reef2reef they have a extensive thread and Michigan reefers also. These light put out enough light to grow anything you won't run 100 percent. For the price you can't go wrong.

About three months. Check out reef2reef they have a extensive thread and Michigan reefers also. These light put out enough light to grow anything you won't run 100 percent. For the price you can't go wrong.

These are what im leaning hard towards. Just emailed them about optics. I really like the 2 year warranty. And to me, even if they only last 2 years, I've saved money. Bulbs for 2 years is $360 haha

Hoping to order sometime today!

You don't need any optics at all. I had a 31" deep tank and ran them with no optics and I had sps growing on the sand bed. If any optics, I would get the ones with the largest spread. these fixtures do not need to magnify the light coming out of them. you will not be able to turn them all the way up if you keep lps and softies IME.
As for the ebay/amazon units V.S. reefbreeders, they are all from the same manufacturer.

You don't need any optics at all. I had a 31" deep tank and ran them with no optics and I had sps growing on the sand bed. If any optics, I would get the ones with the largest spread. these fixtures do not need to magnify the light coming out of them. you will not be able to turn them all the way up if you keep lps and softies IME.
As for the ebay/amazon units V.S. reefbreeders, they are all from the same manufacturer.

Well that's what I was saying, the widest spread I can order is 120. And I'll definitely have to turn them down.

You can pull them off easily if you don't like them. They just snap on. If you are ordering from reefbreeders, tell them to include the plastic shield, in case you want to remove the optics.

You can pull them off easily if you don't like them. They just snap on. If you are ordering from reefbreeders, tell them to include the plastic shield, in case you want to remove the optics.

I am, and I will. You suggest just using the sheild?

Back
Top Bottom