LEDS for a 20L--not spendy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently bought an Aqueon 20L tank. It came with nothing, so I ordered a hood and light for it. (Already had filter, heater, ornaments, gravel). Don't like it. Light looks too harsh, and after having LEDs for the 20 gallon high I had before, this doesn't compare. So I want to get LEDs (the kind you can adjust from daylight to night lights). I don't have a lot of $ to spend, as the tank and stuff I had to buy ran into more than I expected.

So...for a low budget set of LEDS for a 30" tank, what are some brands I should look at? I only have jungle Vals and java fern plants. The rest are artificial. Remember, I want both the daylight and night glow kind. My budget is around $30-35. I don't want one that is really cheap, but I hear LEDs last a long time anyway (the ones on my last tank sure did). Is Marineland good to go with? I see some that run around $30 and they don't mention a name brand (?) I have the glass top already, so I just need some to sit on top. Thanks!

No plants I would recommend just a standard little LED. I'm sure you can find one on eBay that's nice for cheap.

With plants I'd recommend a Finnex Clip-On. Looks nice and great color.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom