Leds for new 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rfirman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey every one I am thinking about changing to LEDs on my 55 gallon. And I was wondering what are some good systems. I definitely don't want to spend more than 350 if possible. I know with LEDs that's kinda ridiculous to think though. But anyway I saw that some of you guys said tatonics LEDs I think. But what about getting panorama pros? That's really all I have heard about LEDs. Any advise ?

I just bought two tao's last week. There really bright and you could get two dimmable units for under 350 try amazon.

Cool. So these will make the corals look sweet but also give off enough light for the corals to grow like sps?

We'll I'll think about putting those on my Christmas list

The e27 54w LED lights allow for adding one at a time and they cost between $38.00 and $100.00 depending on light frequency. I have two on my 155 gal pointing at teh corals and they as so much better than my MH.

How about coral growth for those LEDs? Any good?

Right now all corals are doing great with just 2 e27 55w units

What about refuge lighting. Dose anyone know what I would need for that ? Or what do you recommend for a refug light

refugium lighting - one e27 35W would be enough and they are cheaper than $25.00 on line

You could use a curly-q energy saver bulb in a 5 dollar clip on fixture from home depot for the refugium. No need to spend 25 dollars.
Do you have a link to this E27 fixture you are using?

Nice I'll think ill use that's for my refug.

Gosh LEDs are so expensive and there are so many brands to choose its ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom