LEDs... Should I bother?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey all, i currently have a single strip light on my 55gal w/ an 8000k T8 bulb. if my tank looks great w/ the T8, should i even bother going for the LED? is it that much better?

all advice is appreciated

Can only speak for myself and I know you've seen my tank. I had the Marineland DB LED fixture and when I went to my 75g I tossed it and went with T5 HO's if that helps. I felt the LED didn't do justice to my tank, now with the T5 High Outputs I think it looks killer! :)

But in the end it's gonna be preference. What I did was tried them both and a few others and just returned all the ones I didn't like. I went through about 4 different fixtures. I just asked about the return policy before hand. And the end result is me being happy :)

Good luck brother.

EDIT:

You could always try a double bulb fixture and add a different color. I personally like the daylight with the actinic light at the same time.

Last edited:
yeah dude your light set up is SICK!

and i was thinking the same thing!! i think instead of buying a glass top AND the LED light system, i'm just gonna get the double bulb fixture. i already have an actinic bulb just laying around so i'm gonna try mixing the 2 at first.

ronnieroach said:
yeah dude your light set up is SICK!

and i was thinking the same thing!! i think instead of buying a glass top AND the LED light system, i'm just gonna get the double bulb fixture. i already have an actinic bulb just laying around so i'm gonna try mixing the 2 at first.

I think your gonna be much happier with the double bulb fixture :)

Back
Top Bottom