Leds vs metal halides for sps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck. Let me know how it turns out. Artificial seems like such a pain to set. Especially when the natural works so well

ive been reading way too much on the spectroscopy readings of a 20k mh 250w bulb and leds. From what ive researched, it is creepy how spot on you are biocube lol. the places we are lacking are the 420 nm range and 490-520 nm range. those are the spots for uv and cyan. the other places where we are lacking is the 540-550 and 680-690 range. these are less powerful but the are still there and were missing them. The only problem is that they dont make leds in either of thos ranges unless you buy them in a fixture. the 680 nm is called far red led and is used in plant growing. i cant even find a 540-550 nm diode. So, buying reds wont help as much as we thought if we are trying to match halides, they are about 660 nm at the highest ( deep red) and that is pretty far off. here are the pics i have been using.. they are from sanjay from michigan reefers and someone off another forum..

Back
Top Bottom