Lego's theme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NegralaFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey ppl im new at these i just bought a fishtank and i want to theme it with some of my legos its a pirates & scubba divers theme so what do i need to do to clean them and put them on the fishtank without risking the health of my fishes

7) Is LEGO® safe in an aquarium for both the fish inhabitants and LEGO®?
After consultation with The Lego Company, it is indeed safe for all concerned. LEGO® is comprised of a very stable inert hard plastic and will therefore not breakdown in an aquarium environment.

Vancouver LEGO Club - FAQ

Not to state the very obvious... but Legos are very buoyant. You will have to figure out a way to attach them to something that will sink them to the bottom of the tank.

I think someone has done this before. I think they siliconed or superglued the legos to a piece of slate.

sealife500web.jpg

sea_life_legoland_tree.gif

legolandaqua.jpg

Lol, Legoland in LA was the one that popped up this time :p

Facts About Atlantis At LegoLand

Atlantis contains approxomitly 600,000 liters of water.

Every hour the water is re-circulated, which works out to 10,000 liters a minute.

20,000 Tonnes of salt were used to make the aquarium saltwater.

It contains 4 lego submarines, 15 lego divers and a skeleton. The fivers are 90cm's tall and the largest submarine is 4.5 meters long.

In all 230,000 lefo blocks were used in the aquarium.

Cost - $3.4 Million Euro's

Opened up March 31, 2007

lego3.jpg

This thread as well

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/lego-fish-tank-114199.html

I thought about this when I was setting up my 38g, but decided to take a more natural approach.

I was going to build the rocks and such out of the legos and attach them to the big plate base lego pieces and set that under my substrate to solve the buoyancy issue. The same idea should work with the lego characters.

Now thinking about this I may try this out on my new 10g...hmmm.....

A 5% bleach dip or a dunk in hydrogen peroxide would take care of just about anything. Personally, if the legos are pretty clean and you're cycling the tank, I'd just rinse the legos and put them in the tank. They're kid's toys, so they should be non-toxic.

I went to the local lego store and they said a lot of people put them in their tanks. They said to look up your local lego builders club.

I just put the Atlantis hq base in my tank. Will show some pics in a bit

Back
Top Bottom