Let's all talk about plumbing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clearerphish

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK, I'm getting ready to do a 75 gallon reef here in the home. I have designed the stand/canopy (for the most part), but this is going on the 3rd floor of an apartment building. I am seriously leaning towards running almost everything in the reef HOB. I want to have a refugium that I would also like to HOB (I need a pod supply for a few planned fish). I am deathly afraid of a leak or pump failure that would drain my tank into the apartment below.

Yet, I want to maximize my water volume to increase my fish options, and having my heater, skimmer and filter out of the main is an attractive thought. I am doing everything on this myself (and yes, there will be lots of pics in the DIY section) but I have never dealt with aquarium plumbing before. Am I crazy to be scared of a 10 g sump and a 10 g fuge in the stand with a canister filter? my head hurts just trying to comprehend what I would need for water transport in such a setup.

I mean, I'm a total plumbing noob. are there any links you guys can share where I can read up on this?

Back
Top Bottom