Lets talk about manufacturers and product lines.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know there is a retailers forum on here but I think this is a good thing to talk about, so I put it in the SW general discussion. If it needs to be moved, Mods please feel free to do so :)

SOOOOOOOOO, what are your favorite manufacturers or product lines? basically, what do you prefer to use and why? We'll keep retailers out of this.

For me, I love anything coralife. All of my lighting fixtures and bulbs are coralife and I've never had a problem. I've got a coralife UV sterilizer and a coralife Super skimmer on my tank. I figured If they make such good lights, they had to make everything else pretty good. So far from my own experience, their products are great.

When I dose I use Kent. I use kent because when i started dosing I used kent, it worked awesome and if it's not broken don't fix it.

I like the way PVC from lowes better than Home Depot. I don't know why.

And I've got a mag pump. It works, I would recommend it.

Anyone else?

Well I know it's weird, but I also prefer PVC from Lowes over Home Depot. I use Kent's everything, including salt. (switched from IO thanks to a lengthy but very informative thread on here). Also thanks to this site, I use nothing but maxi-jets and Mag pumps. So far, so good. Most of my test kits are Tetra, which I know few reccommend on here but that's what my LFS carries and I truly like them, except for the PH test kit. My .02

Oh, and I have Coralife lights and are happy with them thus far BUT I don't buy everything Coralife either because of a thread on here where a coralife power center started a fire in someone's house.....so I didn't buy their power center

i stick with kent for additives. Oceanic salt seems to work wonders for me. I went with the Current USA Sunpaq retrofits for my tank and a hamilton 175W halide with a hamilton 14K bulb.

I use instant ocean on my other 100 gal tank but it sucks big time. Im gonna switch that tank to oceanic as well.

I just mix and match the best product each company has to offer. Im not biased in anyway. If it works, works well, and they have good customer service then im all for it.

I don't like rio as far as PH's are concerned. I don't like Amiracle (now T-plastics) either. I like tetra for their turbo twist UV ster. (good product design for good price) I do like instant ocean salts. I love bio pure frozen foods (Swear by them for color and helath of fish) and also tetra min crisps are an excellent staple to keep on hand.

Powerheads - Maxijet or Hagen
Heaters - EboJager
Submersiable pumps - Mag
External pumps - Little giant
Ballast - IceCap

Back
Top Bottom