Light bulbs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I woke up this morning and turned the tank lights on. Went back in 5 mins later and they were off. Turned off and back on and they were ok and them off.
It's a trigon 190 and it got two f18w/129 t8 one is warm white and one is day light.
Do I need to have 2 tubes in it to work or can I get away with one.
Where's the cheapest place in the uk to get them from quickly as I working all week and the weekend.
Thanks
Dave.

Also forgot to say the one tube is a warm white and the other is a day light one.
Does this matter or should they be the same. Thanks.
2 male 2 female mollies
3 tetras
2 female platy+ 1male
3 male guppy 5female guppy

They appear to be standard size tubes, which means you should be able to get them from a hardware store or electrical supply store. They don't have to be the same, but I would toss the warm white, which is a very yellow light similar to incandescent. If you can try and find a tube with a high CRI, Colour Rendition Index, which will display colours better. The closer to 100 the better. It will be on the tube or package. Typically tubes in the 5000K to 6500K will give the most pleasing results and have high CRIs, although this is not always the case. You should expect to pay less for a tube bought in an hardware or electrical lighting outlet, than a tube specifically marketed for fish tanks.

Back
Top Bottom