Light Fixture legs are a PAIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coursair

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was given a 55g tank with an AquaticLife 48" T5HO 4 bulb fixture.
The legs sit on the tank sides perfectly.

BUT when I put the glass tops on, I realized I can't open the top even to feed the fish without the top hitting the legs. This is a heavy fixture. Has anyone suspended theirs from ceiling OR would the weight be too much to do hangers off the back of the tank ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1128395f4901fc1863fb759b91547e6.jpg
7c81461a7516f2c545abe832919363c9.jpg

Suspend that baby. Are there mounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Suspend that baby. Are there mounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No obvious mounts. My other thought is to build a canopy to raise the light and cut down on the glare to the sides.

But I have little to no carpentry skills and no tools anymore.

Great thanks. I think I may still have to raise this light. The gap between tank and fixture is tight.

Maybe I can run rails off the back to slide light back instead of glass ??? Hmmm

The light fixture is heavy and awkward to lift and being a newly planted tank, I gotta trim and play a bit.

I had this problem with my quad t5ho unit as well. I would push the light back until it hit my filters, which allowed enough room to slide my versa tops back to feed. Not ideal, but it worked for the time being

Jesse

I have the same fixture over my 40g right now. I was playing around with the idea of having some pipe bent and bolting the pipe to the back of the stand to hold the lights above the tank a little. That way you dont have to worry about damaging the wall or ceiling and its portable.

I was trying to figure out a strong way to hang this. That might be just the ticket. Let me know if you do that and I'd love to see pictures of it.

I was trying to figure out a strong way to hang this. That might be just the ticket. Let me know if you do that and I'd love to see pictures of it.

Im not :) but its super easy to do. You can either pay a metal fabrication place to bend some pipes and drill some holes or just buy a pipe bender from home depot and do it yourself. Drill a few holes, add some eye bolts, and it will work perfectly. Can spray paint the pipe to match your stand if you want.

Back
Top Bottom