Light frequency, how much of which?20k vs 10k?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidkameleon3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok against popular vote I am going to stick with my NO lights as I can get 2 fixtures each 2 48", each pretty cheap and I am on a budget.

Question is what kinda light mixture, being this is for a 55 I need good depth from the lights at the 40w.

You think I should get 4 03's? Or 2 03's and 2 10k's?

Is 20k's any better for the tank or the same as the 10's the 20k's are $5 cheaper.

Thanx

This is a 4 light total set, correct?

I would do 2 03's and 2 10k's. Should give you a good mix and will make the fish stand out. Going with 4 03's would be pretty darn purple/blue.

Is 20k's any better for the tank or the same as the 10's the 20k's are $5 cheaper.

Hard to say. The trend seems to be that people are beginning to move to lighting in the higher end of the spectrum and then adding 03's as well. I am in the process of finishing up my canopy which will include a 250w 20K MH and 2X55w 03 PC's.

However there are still a lot of people that use 6500K supplemented with 03'sa and report great coral growth results.

Bottom line: I think lighting is 75% personal preference. Everyone has a different opinion.

Back
Top Bottom