light issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dawgfan89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I made a mistake and bought an odyssea 4x54 - 6 months ago. i come in today and 2 of the bulbs won't work ( i switched the bulbs around and still nothing on the same 2 outlets). I can't find an Odyssea site to try and get parts.

Questions:

Has anyone worked on one of these before and is it worth trying to fix it?

If not, what other VHO option do I have? Not interested in the heat issues w/mh.

Thanks,

Well, first of all, a few simple things.
1) are you sure its plugged in? typically 4x's will have 2 power cords, one for each pair of lights.
2) where did you get it? some vendors are easy to work with and might help you out
3) if all else fails, open it up and just check that the wiring is securely run, attachment points are tight, etc. it may just be a loose connection to the second ballast

If not, what other VHO option do I have? Not interested in the heat issues w/mh.

I do VHO retro fits. Easy to do. Here are pics of them on my tank.

100_1670.jpg

100_0972.JPG

Well, first of all, a few simple things.
1) are you sure its plugged in? typically 4x's will have 2 power cords, one for each pair of lights.
2) where did you get it? some vendors are easy to work with and might help you out
3) if all else fails, open it up and just check that the wiring is securely run, attachment points are tight, etc. it may just be a loose connection to the second ballast
Good call NeilanH, if there are two cords shouldn't there be 2 switches?

Back
Top Bottom