light legs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rambler67

Aquarium Advice Regular
so i bought a t5 light from some guy on craigslist but he didnt have the legs does any one know where i can get them from i have looked on a bunch of sights but i haven't been able to find them. Thank you

i guess the info would be helpful its a 48" 4 bulb dont know what brand yet i havent taken it apart yet to see if i can find any info on it yet

Do light strips need to be on legs?
Mine rest on top of my glass tops.
I'm guessing you're topless?

its not topless but i dont want the added heat being right on the glass i had it running for a couple of hours and it was getting a little hotter that i would like it.

I've been light hunting and I've run across legs before it just looks like they are brand specific. If it's a coralife or something similiar you might have a shot. Does it have holes where the legs could go or does it look like a metal leg slides out of it?

looks like it might of had slide out legs there isnt any holes for it to mount to i made a quick set of legs out of some pvc pipe but they arnt the nicest things to look at but they work for a temp solution.

Is it an odyssea fixture? The bulbs will say it if they are. Thats the only brand that comes to mind with the slide out legs. i have one :)

that what i toght they where but the bulbs dont say it from the pics of the odyssea light it dosnt look the same. here a re a couple of pics

Attachments

• light 1.jpg
    light 1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 93
  • light 2.jpg
    light 2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Nope not a new odyssea and not the old style either. hmm I'm not sure where they would put who makes it..it's gotta be somewhere though. I would for sure rip it apart as best I could without breaking it and figure it out. I took apart a used fixture that i bought and it was on the interior ballast. Took alot to get in there though.

Does it have mounting holes on the bck side maybe? Some legs mount that way

i am going to rip it apart tonight i would now but am already late for Easter dinner lol i dont really see any thing endless they use some of the same holes as the end cap for the light its self

Well after ripping it apart the ballast where no help they where sun park ballast. I finally found a little name on the fan that said current so after a little search i found it was a Current USA Nova Extreme T5 Aquarium Light. so to make a long storie short legs found and ordered. Thank you for the help

Back
Top Bottom