light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt_tn1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Want to upgrade my lights. But i dont have the big $$ right now for Metal Halide. seen this online and wanting to know if it would be better than the cheaper ebay lights. http://ahsupply.com/96watt.htm For a 75 gallon tank would 2x 96 work or do i need 3 or 4 lite kit. thanks for any info

That's less than 3 wpg So you will probably want to get 2 sets and that will be plenty for most corals. The one you are looking at is 115 without the bulbs. 2 of those kits will be 230 plus tax and shipping. Then you are looking at another 100 or so for the bulbs depending on where you get them from. That's 330 without the shipping on the light kits. You really need to look at how much a mh diy kit would cost. We got ours (2 sockets, 2 reflectors, 2 ballasts, and 2 10,000k bulbs) for 350 at the lfs and the wire at lowes. If you have a basic understanding of electricity, or know someone who does, you should really think about diy mh. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom