Light spec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris-Nicol

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys is this lighting spec any good? I'm clueless when it comes to lighting but I want to keep coral and fish!

Lighting total- T5 - 540W (10x54) - 5 x 54W 10,000K/5 x 54W actinic

Lighting standard configuration - 2 units T5-4x54W + with parabolic reflectors + 1 combo-unit T5-2x54W with 12 LED moonlights

Thanks for any help

what size tank is this going over? thats a pretty good sized light setup there

It's the lighting spec for the new rsm 500 it not released yet but this is hopefully my next tank! It's 500 litre! I'm from Scotland so not sure how much gallon haha!

500 litre = 132.086026 US gallons pretty good sized tank there

Yeah it looks sweet! Expensive but it looks like the easiest option! I'm not getting it until nxt year as my house isn't ready til then! But I'm tryin to find out as much as I can about the hobby as I can! I hav a 25g tank but didn't know anything when I started so I want to make sure I start this one properly! I have a ro/di unit so I'm set for my water and I hav live rock in my 25g tank so it's a start to the LR!

what are the dimentions of the tank. its recommended that you have one T5 HO per 3-4 inches of aquarium width.

thats a pretty good fixture that you found, 10 lamp fixtures are hard to come by

It's 51 inches wide.

I've been tryin to put up the full list of specs but it keeps Sayin there is a problem with the forums runner plug in??

Here is the full spec for the rsm 500! What you guys think? Will I need anything else on top of this?

Attachments

• image-189732179.jpg
    image-189732179.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 116
i cant really see the specs on it the picture is too small

My little 30inch T5HO fixture (2 X24Watt) puts out some heat... I would think a big 10 bulb one could be used to heat a whole room!!!

But that being said - probably still cooler than Metal Halide!

you can still tough T5HOs with your hands when they are still on, you need oven mits to do that wth an MH and you can stil feel the heat through them. T5s don't put out near the same heat as MH or even a normal 60 watt incandesent bulb.

i would say that 10 lamp fixture is ideal for that system. i can't see the specs either though. i had 16 lamps over my 150 and it didn't heat the water much.

Ok thanks! I'll try and make it a bit clearer when I get to my laptop. That pic was attached from my phone.

Back
Top Bottom