Light Strip Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Critter1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright so I found a light strip! It is a 36in blue led light strip with a 12v transformer. It's 4.4 watts per foot. 18.75 lumens per inch. Water proof. Will this be ok to use? Please respond before I complete the order

What are you going to be using this for? If you are doing saltwater and plan to have corals, then no it will not work. If you are planning on doing fish only in a salt or freshwater tank, then you can use just about any light. The fish do not require much of any light. Its all aesthetics for the viewer.

I got the light strip but forgot to get a power supply and transformer. Anyone know what I can do?

Sorry, but your on your own on that one. I wouldn't know the first thing about what you would need but you may try contacting the provider of the strip. Usually they can tell you what it requires and you can pick the parts up at radio shack, home depot, or Lowes. Good luck. I'd love to see pictures of it set up and working so be sure to post some!

Back
Top Bottom