light timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
does it make any difference if my lights arent on timers, and i just switch the mh and actinics on at the same time? or should i set it up so the actinics come on first , and then the metal halides or it doesnt matter?

trust me--eventually you will want timers. Doing it manually every time gets to be a pain after awhile. Besides, with timers you can set the "dawn and dusk" affect.....so the actinics come on first, then the halides.......then the halides go off, then the actinics.

Timers are great and well worth the money. They will allow your tank to keep a very regular lighting schedule, which is a plus. I like the digital timers found at Wal-Mart or Ace Hardware. I find they keep vwery accurate time and have battery back-ups.

I also have timers on my lights. I have electronic ones on my dusk lights but my mains are on a industrial one since they pull so many amps.

When I had my house rewired to support the tanks (yeah, sad isnt it) I had them put in industrial timers in the living room for the big tank.

I have mine on a timer but I have them set to both go on and off at the same time

Hara. admission is the first step to rehabilitation. On that note I also had my house rewired with industrial boxes etc. We can get through this as a group. :lol:

" my names brenden and i'm a saltwater junkie" hehe :lol:

i lub timers. I've got two. The coralife powercenter that i use for the fuge/moonlight at night, and the white light during the day. Then i've got the actinics on a cheapy timer but it's set to come on before the whites and after the whites go off so i get the sunrise/sunset thing. Timers pretty much pawn.

Back
Top Bottom