Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have PC's over my tank and I can't seem to get that "bright" look. Is it a water clarity issue? or is it just the choice of bulbs? I got 2x 55W actinics and 2x 10000K daylight.

Any ideas?

Next time you get bulbs, get the 65w bulbs that match the ballasts. IMO, PC just naturally sucks. Were the bulbs bright when you first got them, or were they always slacking? If I remember correctly, you set your tank up in June? If so, you are due for a change in the next month or two.

The fixture was used and came with 4 daylight bulbs. I kept two and bought 2 actinics (I don't think they are even that spectrum, they are like cheap Chinese knock off types. XD)

In my opinion, they have always been kinda dim but it may be because of old/inferior bulbs.

I'll check out bulbs online tomorrow. I'm guessing they are the original bulbs (the "daylight" ones) because I was the first one to open up the light. (there was still some packing tape on the bottom.) Inside there were a ton of dead bugs though o_O

Back
Top Bottom