lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't grab the Oddyssea fixture. They are notoriously poorly built. As in light your house aflame bad. Look at the Current USA or some MH set ups. Hagen makes a individual reflector retrofit kit with 4 bulb ballast that's really nice.

I don't have any personal experience with Odyssea, but have read a lot of negative reviews on multiple sites. It may be a hit or miss, but not something I'd risk money for.

Also, I wouldn't recommend PC if you plan on having a SW tank, unless of course you want a FOWLR. If you have any thoughts on maybe adding inverts or corals later, just go for the T5s now. As Crepe said, Current USA is a reputable brand and so is TEK. I only say this because you don't want to regret not getting the advanced lighting.

IMO when buying anything ask about any warranty. I think you would be better off buying a good used name brand light than a new Oddyssea fixture. I suspect my Oddyssea fixture blew out within 6 months due to the fans burning out.

Found this warranty for a Oddyssea fixture.
"All sales will have no CASH REFUND: Repairs, Replacement, or Instore Merchandise Credit less S/H only! All units have been inspected physically & tested power-on status before shipping out to minimize inconvenience & risks involved in refurbished & used equipments. All parts are marked for security & identification accordingly for tracking & servicing records. All Used & Refurbished items do carry certain amount of risks."

Back
Top Bottom