Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loynzey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a >Bow Front Sera Marin biotop cube 130lt / 29G.<

Dimensions: W 51 cm x H 66.5 cm x D 57 cm

My lighting is 2X 24W T5 pl florescent tubes ...... 1 Actinic blue light, 1neutral daylight. Also has 2 blue LEDs for night lights and 2 fans for cooling. all this is in a built in hood.

what I would like to know is how I can mod or completely change my current set up to house more powerful lighting for corals such as lps and sps and not be stuck on softies. I think the orca/boyu TL550 130 is of similar set up if not the same dimensions so if anyone has one of them and also changed info would be great. All ideas welcomed. t

Attachments

• image-780052715.png
    image-780052715.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 362
Easiest way IMO is to discard the hood and just get a tek light fixture with mounting brackets. much easier and very affordable

What about the aqua beam 1000HD ULTRA fitted into my hood ?

Spec says: 7 x 14,000K white LEDS and 3 x 50,000K blue LEDs

would this be sufficient lighting for all coral grows??

rush said:
Easiest way IMO is to discard the hood and just get a tek light fixture with mounting brackets. much easier and very affordable

I can't find a tek fixture or any over hang fixture for that matter, of the right dimensions to fit and still have a reasonable increase in light that I want.

pat8you said:
Nanotuners.com - Nanotuners.com

Check that site out for all things nano modifications. They have a bunch of lighting retrofits.

Cheers dude had a look I like the jbj HQI 28G they sell only thing is they don't sell the HQi as a kit. hmmm I guess I can buy the end caps 150W lamp ballast else where and wire it up meself also doing 2x18w actinic PCs at the same time.

I need to go and find out where I get all my parts from now for cheapest price and see how much this is going to cost in whole.

What would be better if I do what I said above or:

I keep the 2X 24 t5 50/50 light iv got just move them the other way round and stick an aqua ray 1000HD in the middle

???

Back
Top Bottom