Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Lighting

How long should I leave the sun light on and hoe long should I leave the blue light and ultra violet on? And when the sun light one is on should I also leave the blue and ultra violet light on with it?

Old 04-30-2011, 02:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

atintics go on @ 7 am the 10,000K go on at 8 AM then the moonlichts come on @ 7 PM then 10,000K go off @ 730 PM then aintics go off at 830 PM and then moonlights off at 11 PM...
This is just an example of time your times might be diff.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #3

I usually recommend actinics on for abotu ten hours. They should come on an hour before and stay on an hour after the whites are on, so 8 hours total for the white. The moonlights can stay on all the time, or you can only have them on while the others are off, or only on for about and hour before and after the actinics.

Most important are the white lights that should be on for 8-12 hours depending on what the tank can handle. Algae problems mean get the water quality up and until then cut back the whites a little.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
I usually recommend actinics on for abotu ten hours. They should come on an hour before and stay on an hour after the whites are on, so 8 hours total for the white. The moonlights can stay on all the time, or you can only have them on while the others are off, or only on for about and hour before and after the actinics.

Most important are the white lights that should be on for 8-12 hours depending on what the tank can handle. Algae problems mean get the water quality up and until then cut back the whites a little.
Toataly agree with the fishguy...
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sorry to be lighting stupid but which one are the Anntics?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

The blue light and ultra violet are together. The sunlight ones are together too. So there are two switches one for sunlight and the moonlight I believe.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #7

Actinics are the blue ones.

If you only have the two plugs then the whites should be on for 8 hours each day and the blues should be on for an additional hour before and after (come on an hour before the whites and stay on an hour after the whites).
Old 05-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com