Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hixsonjh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How long should I leave the sun light on and hoe long should I leave the blue light and ultra violet on? And when the sun light one is on should I also leave the blue and ultra violet light on with it?

atintics go on @ 7 am the 10,000K go on at 8 AM then the moonlichts come on @ 7 PM then 10,000K go off @ 730 PM then aintics go off at 830 PM and then moonlights off at 11 PM...
This is just an example of time your times might be diff.

I usually recommend actinics on for abotu ten hours. They should come on an hour before and stay on an hour after the whites are on, so 8 hours total for the white. The moonlights can stay on all the time, or you can only have them on while the others are off, or only on for about and hour before and after the actinics.

Most important are the white lights that should be on for 8-12 hours depending on what the tank can handle. Algae problems mean get the water quality up and until then cut back the whites a little.

Fishguy2727 said:
I usually recommend actinics on for abotu ten hours. They should come on an hour before and stay on an hour after the whites are on, so 8 hours total for the white. The moonlights can stay on all the time, or you can only have them on while the others are off, or only on for about and hour before and after the actinics.

Most important are the white lights that should be on for 8-12 hours depending on what the tank can handle. Algae problems mean get the water quality up and until then cut back the whites a little.

Toataly agree with the fishguy...

Sorry to be lighting stupid but which one are the Anntics?

The blue light and ultra violet are together. The sunlight ones are together too. So there are two switches one for sunlight and the moonlight I believe.

Actinics are the blue ones.

If you only have the two plugs then the whites should be on for 8 hours each day and the blues should be on for an additional hour before and after (come on an hour before the whites and stay on an hour after the whites).

Back
Top Bottom