Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I'm getting a T5 HO 4 bulb fixture for my reef tank so I can finally start getting some corals.

Which one should I go with?

My lfs has Deep Blue and aquatic life fixtures. Any opinions on either?

never heard of deep blue. have you checked online? in many cases you can find better deals there.
what size tank was this and what corals did you plan to keep?

I;ve heard only bad things about deep blue. they are snazzy and cool but I have heard they fail early. google it and read some stories :)

Aquaticlife makes a decent fixture if i read the reviews right. But I agree with X, check online you will for sure get a better deal.

Ok cool. And I'm not sure. I know I saw a brain coral that was all white with green in the middle of the opening. And I also saw a blue hammer coral. Those are the two I want! Lol

the brain coral that was all white is bleached. that white will probably turn brown or possibly green under the right conditions.
a blue hammer? i think that was a matter of tricky lighting/photography, and not the actual color

meanwhile, those are lps and are medium to low light corals. a 4 lamp unit should be ok for them.

[moderator edit] I knew something had to of been wrong with that brain. But ok good. I'm glad to here I will be able to keep some nice stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
What are people's thoughts on par 38s for reefs? I can get 4 for 276 online should I do it? Or just go with a 4 bulb fixture

Back
Top Bottom