Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beehpee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed someone mentioned in another thread about blue lights on an aquarium so I thought rather than hijack his post I would ask my own question, I recently bought an LED strip, it comes with a remote control and I bought it originally because I wanted to use the blue effect as a moonlight, I also have the option of using loads of other colours such as red, green, white and basically any colours (pretty much) you can think of, all in all a great bit of kit at a great price, so my question is is it going to give the fish any funny turns by using colours other than blue, my wife especially likes it lit up green, the fish don't appear to take any notice whatever colour it's on but better safe that sorry is going to be my motto with this hobby, I'd sooner ask than suffer the consequences of a bad decision, thanks in advance peeps.

Ps I added 2 x 3 spot gourami to my tank yesterday and look brilliant.

BP

I'm just posting again to bring this back up the list so someone might see it.......

Everything I have read regarding lighting and fish (freshwater for sure) is that the lighting is more for our enjoyment and really do nothing either way for the fish.

Yeah, unless you are trying to grow plants, the lighting doesn't really matter. You can light it however you please.

Thanks for the replies, I thought this would be the case but thought best to check with people more experienced, as I read on here somewhere there is no such thing as a stupid question.

BP

Dont think will affect my plants too much cos not got loads and not got hang of getting them to grow too well anyway, when we switch off the main lights we usually have the colored led's on for about an hour before bed so doubt that would make much difference anyway, thanks for the input tho.

BP

Back
Top Bottom