Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vb1946

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone heard of or got Hidom Led 42l clip on lighting, as I have a small 5 gallon tank and the light that came with it is not very good with 16 LEDs making only 1.5 watts, the Hidom one has 42 lights at 4.5 watts some being blue. Can anyone help, or tell me a good lighting system for my dinky tank.
Thanks

Has anyone heard of or got Hidom Led 42l clip on lighting, as I have a small 5 gallon tank and the light that came with it is not very good with 16 LEDs making only 1.5 watts, the Hidom one has 42 lights at 4.5 watts some being blue. Can anyone help, or tell me a good lighting system for my dinky tank.
Thanks

Are you looking to grow low light plants? If your looking for LED's the one you mentioned is an option. Marineland Single or Double Bright LED's is another option.

I just finished setting up my 20gal long that's been in storage for months into my new shrimp tank and I'm running a Marineland 21inch Hidden LED .. both 0.06watt white and a few blue LED's. I'm experimenting to see if it will support my low light plants.

Thanks I might give Hidom a go, if no good will try the one you recommended, will let you know.

how long is your tank? I have some small 3W clip on that is pretty good for low light plant also. I have a client has 2 of them on one of his tank, kinda poor cell phone pic but you can see the clip lights on top

img_2368922_0_25f1e6c559f4a158471720ebea6e38c8.jpg

My dinky tank is only 13 inches long, as I said lighting not very bright with what I got. Nice pic and yes it does look brighter than mine, I got few options now. Got 3 Danios and one baby BN (which when it bigger will put in my partners 30 gallon tank) tank has no heater just house temperature around 68 to 70, had it about 4 months and up till now no probs, do weekly WC at around 20% and add water conditioner. I would just like to see a better view into the tank when I look across the room LOL

sure, let me know if you are intersted in mine , it is $25.00+shipping =p
As far as how bright this guys are, I did a test over my 24'x24'x24 tank and this is wat it looks like being the only light source in the room ( I turn off every possible light around)
img_2369317_0_62742021d116f9c0e18d3f1f230e9ede.jpg

If the one I got coming isn't any good then I will def get back to you, looks great, thanks

I got the Hidom AL led lighting I am pleased with it I got more light into the tank, thanks for help.

Attachments

• image-1990164828.jpg
    image-1990164828.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 145
sure, let me know if you are intersted in mine , it is $25.00+shipping =p
As far as how bright this guys are, I did a test over my 24'x24'x24 tank and this is wat it looks like being the only light source in the room ( I turn off every possible light around)

I received the Led Hidom AL2 which I very pleased with, thanks for offer, see my pic.

Attachments

• image-1332341480.jpg
    image-1332341480.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 196
Back
Top Bottom