Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Lighting

My fish don't move around when I have the fluorescent light on ,they hide in the decorations and when they swim its not very far. But when I put the other light hood with the regular lights in it on top of the lid they are active and happy. I had the other light on when I first moved them over and they acted normal , I just wonder why now they started to act like that. Anyone else have this happen?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkid1987 View Post
My fish don't move around when I have the fluorescent light on ,they hide in the decorations and when they swim its not very far. But when I put the other light hood with the regular lights in it on top of the lid they are active and happy. I had the other light on when I first moved them over and they acted normal , I just wonder why now they started to act like that. Anyone else have this happen?
What are the two different lights? Specifically and what size tank is it. What bulbs, fixture?

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post

What are the two different lights? Specifically and what size tank is it. What bulbs, fixture?
Um the tank is 30 gallons it's a long one and the lights I've got on now actually is the light hood that came with my 15g. I've got it setting on the lid of the 30 . And the fish swim around happy as can be. The other light is a long fluorescent light and it's in a hood( I guess it's called that) that sits on the 30 tank lid. It's half the width of the lid and it's really bright . I'm not at home or else I'd be more specific and wouldn't sound like a complete idiot as much lol
Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Um the tank is 30 gallons it's a long one and the lights I've got on now actually is the light hood that came with my 15g. I've got it setting on the lid of the 30 . And the fish swim around happy as can be. The other light is a long fluorescent light and it's in a hood( I guess it's called that) that sits on the 30 tank lid. It's half the width of the lid and it's really bright . I'm not at home or else I'd be more specific and wouldn't sound like a complete idiot as much lol
You don't sound like and idiot at all. Do they swim like that the whole time or just a little while after the light is turned on?

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 04-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

The entire time the long light is on they hardly move. They hide and don't want to come out
Old 04-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The entire time the long light is on they hardly move. They hide and don't want to come out
Maybe it's too bright, although I've rarely heard of that but it does happen...

If they do better with the other light then just let it be.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks I just was confused as to why they didn't mind it the first 3 days then they started that lol
Old 04-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Thanks I just was confused as to why they didn't mind it the first 3 days then they started that lol
I guess they can be like us. Maybe it got to them and they decided it wasn't for them. Then you have them a different light that they liked better.

I dunno... Just thinking out loud.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Guess I have spoiled "fish babies " lol ( it's what I call em) lol

Tags
light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com