Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkid1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
My fish don't move around when I have the fluorescent light on ,they hide in the decorations and when they swim its not very far. But when I put the other light hood with the regular lights in it on top of the lid they are active and happy. I had the other light on when I first moved them over and they acted normal , I just wonder why now they started to act like that. Anyone else have this happen?

My fish don't move around when I have the fluorescent light on ,they hide in the decorations and when they swim its not very far. But when I put the other light hood with the regular lights in it on top of the lid they are active and happy. I had the other light on when I first moved them over and they acted normal , I just wonder why now they started to act like that. Anyone else have this happen?

What are the two different lights? Specifically and what size tank is it. What bulbs, fixture?

What are the two different lights? Specifically and what size tank is it. What bulbs, fixture?

Um the tank is 30 gallons it's a long one and the lights I've got on now actually is the light hood that came with my 15g. I've got it setting on the lid of the 30 . And the fish swim around happy as can be. The other light is a long fluorescent light and it's in a hood( I guess it's called that) that sits on the 30 tank lid. It's half the width of the lid and it's really bright . I'm not at home or else I'd be more specific and wouldn't sound like a complete idiot as much lol

Um the tank is 30 gallons it's a long one and the lights I've got on now actually is the light hood that came with my 15g. I've got it setting on the lid of the 30 . And the fish swim around happy as can be. The other light is a long fluorescent light and it's in a hood( I guess it's called that) that sits on the 30 tank lid. It's half the width of the lid and it's really bright . I'm not at home or else I'd be more specific and wouldn't sound like a complete idiot as much lol

You don't sound like and idiot at all. Do they swim like that the whole time or just a little while after the light is turned on?

The entire time the long light is on they hardly move. They hide and don't want to come out

Thanks I just was confused as to why they didn't mind it the first 3 days then they started that lol

Thanks I just was confused as to why they didn't mind it the first 3 days then they started that lol

I guess they can be like us. Maybe it got to them and they decided it wasn't for them. Then you have them a different light that they liked better.

I dunno... Just thinking out loud.

Guess I have spoiled "fish babies " lol ( it's what I call em) lol

Back
Top Bottom