Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMaintC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There are so many different articles and opinions out there that suggests this light is better because this, or that, but I can't find anything that
u7a9upar.jpg
will tell you what you NEED. So here's what I need: I have a 25g hex tank, (so it's deep, not long) with a mushroom, 1Royal Gramma, 1 Tailspot Blenny, and 3 Hermit crabs; I would like to get a lot more color (coral) in there and I know lighting is a big deal. I have a $60 Marineland white/blue LED that took a swim and now the blue doesn't work, guess it's time for an upgrade; but to what? I could really use some help because I don't even know where to start...

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Taotronics panel on eBay. Prices are extremely good right now on them. Full spectrum tablets going for about $100. They'll allow you to keep whatever. Just go to eBay and type in "Reef Led" or something to that extent and they will come up.

One more thing I'd like to mention- Flow will be hard to achieve in a tank like this. It's definitely going to be a challenge to keep a healthy reef with more sensitive corals.

One more thing I'd like to mention- Flow will be hard to achieve in a tank like this. It's definitely going to be a challenge to keep a healthy reef with more sensitive corals.

Hmm.. This is very true. I'm not sure how you'd achieve the correct amount of flow.

Friend of mine made a flow system of sorts for a set up he was having trouble getting flow where he wanted. Had to empty the tank to do it though. He basically created "flow outlets" in various parts of the tank using 3/4" pvc, ran it under substrate, and had it coming out under rock piles where he wanted it. Controlled the flow with gate valves off a manifold he made underneath. Took much less time than it sounded like, but he had it all planned out before cutting the first piece of plumbing.

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm sure it's 25g, I can't find it on the internet either. I've been looking for a hood bc mine broke and that's why the light took a dive, no cover. I will definitely look into the web sites listed, thanks all for the input. Also, thanks Redwolf, I'll definitely look into that as well. Though I fear I'll be scrapping this tank and be moving to larger scale shortly. ?

Yeah, $300+ is going to be out of the question for this one, maybe the upgrade though. So I'm guessing I need a full spectrum, does it have to be LED? And what wattage/lumines should I be looking for?

The ones mr x posted would work. And no it doesn't need to be full spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom