lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcarola154

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two 10 gallon tank hoods... one is a 50 watt incandescent and the other is a 17 watt NO... which would you recommend that I put over my 10 gallon fuge? (it only has about 5-6 gallons of water in it)

You can retro fit either to fit some type of power compact or you could put in an AllGlass or Corallife power compact that have incandescent fittings for an incandescent fixture. They screw in. This way you don't get the extreme heat output of an incandescent, but you get the wattage output and not have to change anything to the hood. This is what I did for a 2.5 nano reef. Worked great!!

hey so I looked into the AGA bulb, and it says: "Mini Compact Bulbs also features the equivalent light output of 50 watts of light" what does it mean by "equivalent"?
should i base my estimates off of the 10watt or 50 watt? I got the hood off of the like $20 tank and hood combo from AGA and I was thinking about buying another one for a nano tank. The hood is rated at 25 watts for 2 fixtures... would i still use two of those bulbs and get an "equivalent" of 100 watts? (which im sure wouldnt be good) or would I maybe just use one bulb?

Back
Top Bottom