Lighting a 90 gallon corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerm0007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all ! I have a 90 gallon corner tank, which many of you will know, is an odd shape when it comes to lighting. I currently run a 250 watt metal halide and then behind that a 6 strip T5 light. I want to try to combine my lighting to one fixture. Anyone know a good way to light this tank ? Any way to try to get two halide lights in a fixture that is 36 inches long? Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance for any info !

I don't currently have a canopy. Do they sell those for corners as well ? I'm assuming they do, I just don't know where to look

no. there is no such thing as a triangular fixture made for corner tanks, but can't you just sit one of these on top?
what are you trying to do, light the back as well as the front? if so, you are going to have to DIY something.

That's exactly right. I have my tank set up like a V Where all the coral and live rock line the walls so I'm trying to light the front and back equally.

what are the dimensions?
how about using a single 400 watt lamp with a large reflector like a lumenarc or lumenbrite, from higher up?

Hello all ! I have a 90 gallon corner tank, which many of you will know, is an odd shape when it comes to lighting. I currently run a 250 watt metal halide and then behind that a 6 strip T5 light. I want to try to combine my lighting to one fixture. Anyone know a good way to light this tank ? Any way to try to get two halide lights in a fixture that is 36 inches long? Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance for any info !
I have the same tank and just ordered an Aquatic life 36". I do not have corals so this will work for me, but may not be enough in your tank.
AquaticLife LLC | Premium Marine Aquarium Products

Back
Top Bottom